|Paul R. Selvin
- Received National Science Foundation CAREER
Award--a most prestigious honor to "support exceptionally promising college and
university junior faculty who are committed to the integration of research and
education" (quote from the NSF), 2000
- Named a Cottrell Scholar by the Research Corporation. Fewer than twenty
of these awards are made annually to exceptional, young faculty to support research and
encourage research-enhanced teaching in the nation's premier universities, 2000
- News article: "Fluorescence Measures Tiny
Cell Movements," in Photonics Spectra, October 2000, pg. 50-53.
- News article: "Probes with tunable colors and
lifetimes," in Analytical Chemistry, April 1, 2000, pg. 258A.
- Carver Grant Award as published in the Winter Issue of
"Partnerships," published by the Office of Campus Development, University
of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
- College of Engineering's Xerox Award for
Faculty Research, 2000
- Research Corporation Innovation
- News Article, Young Investigator Award , Physics News UIUC,
- Saturday Physics Program, Physics News UIUC,1998.